Head Coach Cross Country - Men and Woman - Schoolcraft College
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Head Coach is responsible for the leadership, management,
organization, and evaluation of their own sport as part of the
intercollegiate athletics program and will champion the college's
mission and culture in the process. In addition, the Head Coach
will serve as an ambassador, principal liaison and representative
for their respective sport and must demonstrate collaborative
skills with members of the campus community, external constituen
-cies, as well as the Michigan Community College Athletic
Association (MCCAA) and National Junior College Athletic
Association (NJCAA) affiliations. The Head Coach will be expected
to adhere and provide support for the NJCAA Coaching Ethics Code,
the Schoolcraft College Student-Athlete Code of Conduct and the
general Schoolcraft College Student Code of Conduct. He/she will
also have the lead role in their respective sport for the
recruitment of student-athletes; awarding of athletic scholarships
where appropriate; the inventory and procurement of equipment and
uniforms; and the designation of a season long practice schedule.
It is essential, that the Head Coach places special emphasis on
maintaining academic integrity and excel -lence as an integral part
of the higher education progression for student-athletes and
articulates that as a primary goal. He/she will be expected to
embrace substantial accountability for the building of a successful
sport specific program. Clearly, the Head Coach must serve as an
advocate for the principles of diversity, equity, and compliance
with all rules and regulations as spelled out by the respective
governing bodies and display the commitment neces -sary to support
the policies and procedures mandated by the college.
*Supervision Received and Given*
The Head Coach reports to the Director of Athletics provides super
-vision to Assistant Coaches as graphically displayed on the
intercollegiate athletics organizational chart.
*Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities*
1. Provides the leadership that supports the guiding principles,
philosophy, policies and procedures that are es -sential in
managing a successful sports program through written and verbal
communication opportunities. Represents the college as a
spokesperson for their respective sport at all appropriate meetings
2. Participates in the student-athlete recruitment process and
ensuring a completed roster; recommends hiring of assistant
coaches; determines equipment and uniform needs; and determines a
practice schedule for the season.
3. Supports a culture of compliance and accountability by the
coaching staff and student-athletes that ensures the adherence of
resolving compliance issues mandated by the college and athletic
affiliated organizations are met in a timely fashion.
4. Responsibly manages the sport approved operational budget by
being thorough and detailed in dispensing funds. Recommends
equipment and uniform needs within the approved budget for that
sport. Provides all required receipts for approved travel to the
Athletic Office in a timely fashion.
5. Facilitates and enforces the Student Athlete Support System
(SASS) as a vital learning mechanism for the academic success of
6. Schedules all scrimmages and practice competitions within the
NJCAA guidelines. Maintains institutional integrity and respects
facility utilization policies and procedures when requesting
practice/meeting times on campus. Recommends regularly scheduled
contracted games/events where appropriate.
7. Preserves an up-to-date system of archiving records for their
8. Develops a detailed travel itinerary once schedule has been
9. Coordinates internal and external publicity communications with
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in closely aligned field of study.
2. Minimum of five years coaching experience at the interscholastic
or intercollegiate level.
3. Interscholastic or intercollegiate experience as a high school
or college student-athlete, and/or as a sports official.
4. Understanding of sport specific rules and regulations, game
procedures and eligibility compliance issues.
5. Experience at organizing and managing a sports specific program
at an educational institution.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse staff and
7. Experienced literacy in using computers and Microsoft Office
software programs and other department equipment relevant to
conducting a sports specific program.
8. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
9. College-acceptable driving record.
1. Master's Degree in closely aligned field of study.
2. Minimum of ten years coaching experience at the interscholastic
or intercollegiate level.
3. Familiarity with the National Junior College Athletic
Association (NJCAA) and the Michigan Community College Athletic
Association (MCCAA) programs.
4. Understanding of metropolitan Detroit area high schools that
serve as ongoing recruiting sources for the college.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Up to $9,000.00 per year
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Livonia, MI 48152: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Are you willing to undergo a criminal history check?
* Bachelor's (Required)
* Sports coaching: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%55197407%
Keywords: EDUStaff, Livonia , Head Coach Cross Country - Men and Woman - Schoolcraft College, Education / Teaching , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!