Project Engineer (Municipal Engineering)
Company: OHM Advisors
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm. With
the singular mission of Advancing Communities, our diverse, 650+
member team works collaboratively across multiple service areas
including architecture, engineering, planning, surveying, and
construction engineering to create better places for people. We are
a team of experts with individual specialties working together,
driven to make a difference through people-focused problem solving,
design and ideas. In everything we do, we put people first. We
create places for communities of people that help solve a problem
and drive them forward-advancing the whole community today and well
into the future. What You'll Contribute to OHM Advisors The
successful candidate will be responsible for leading engineering
and design efforts for construction plan sets including
specifications, maintaining team standards and procedures, checking
design calculations, and conducting project QA/QC. The successful
candidate will also support the planning and funding processes by
helping with the development of project scopes and budgets.
Coaching and mentoring junior staff will be essential. Experience
with the MDOT ProjectWise and design criteria and manuals are
preferred. Lastly, the successful candidate will also help with the
bidding and award process, answer RFIs during construction, make
site visits, and attend construction progress meetings as needed.
- Prepare and manage scope, schedule, and budget for proposals
- Coach and Manage staff development, sub-consultants, and
expenses during project implementation.
- Effectively communicating project goals, alternatives,
recommendations, and outcomes to the project team, client, and
public (memos, reports, presentations, etc.).
- Anticipate project issues, including advising the client on
alternatives and providing recommendations for solving issues.
- Timely and accurate completion of OHM and sub-consultant
invoices and collections.
- Business Development and Client Satisfaction.
- Understanding OHM services and how they relate to the client's
organization and needs.
- Identify necessary staff resources and work with Discipline
Director/Geographic in the hiring process.
- Assures that direct reports have the tools and training to
effectively perform their job and are appropriately placed based on
their strengths. Preform performance reviews for direct reports.
Your Team As a trusted member of OHM Advisors' Municipal Group, you
will join a growing, mission-driven team of innovative thinkers who
collaborate daily, using our combined gifts and talents to
continually advance the communities we serve. What You'll Need to
- Experience in roadway geometric design, intersection detail
design, water main design, sanitary sewer design, and drainage
- Experience with utility coordination.
- Experience with maintenance of traffic design and traffic
control is a plus.
- Have an understanding of MDOT design criteria, standards, and
- Experience working on MDOT LAP, and municipal projects.
- Experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The desire and ability to maintain strong client
- The desire and ability to train junior engineers and
- Excellent communication skills, good organizational skills, and
enjoy working in a team environment. Growth at OHM Advisors
Advancement isn't just for our clients. We're committed to moving
our team forward, too. At OHM Advisors, you'll enjoy challenging,
meaningful work at a growing company creating innovative solutions
for forward-thinking clients. But there's not just cool work on big
projects. You'll be empowered to create your own career path in a
culture that supports your individual professional development
goals and encourages your pursuits through continued opportunities
for growth. Read about some of our opportunities for career growth
and enrichment - OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: OHM Advisors, Livonia , Project Engineer (Municipal Engineering), Engineering , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!