Warn Automotive - Key Account Business Development Manager
Company: WARN AUTOMOTIVE LLC
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Warn Automotive is a world leader in driveline disconnect
technology. Our heritage comes from making WWII surplus Jeeps
easier to drive on the road with the first unlocking hubs. We
continue today by making disconnects for cars, trucks, and SUVs
around the world. These trusted technologies come from years of
innovation and listening to our customer's needs. We have a bright
future ahead so come join our growing team at Warn Automotive.
Warn Automotive believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to our success. That contribution should not be
limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position
description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications
and job scope, but not limit the individual nor the organization to
just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee
will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to
ensure the success of our endeavors.
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this
position plays an integral role in executing our mission,
philosophy, and commitment to providing high quality products and
exceptional customer service to our internal and external
customers. In addition to maintaining a high level of trust,
integrity and ethical standards, all employees are also expected to
promote a culture of safety by following all safety procedures,
protocols and guidelines while working in a manner that minimizes
the risk of damage to property and injury to the employee and
This position will function as the primary Commercial
Contact/Liaison for Warn Automotive within the assigned customers,
projects, markets, and/or technologies. This position applies
engineering discipline to a sales/liaison function to provide
consultative selling in highly engineered environments. To properly
interface with our customer base, extensive and diversified
knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles and practices
will need to be employed to help create value through engineering
integration, as well as, managing the revenue and margin
The Business Development side includes continual recruitment and
development of new accounts, as well as, the introduction of new
technologies to current accounts. Key Account management is
critical, including customer systems/portal usage and data entry
knowledge. Acts as the primary liaison between Warn Automotive and
the customer on system and product-related issues this role
functions as a \\"utility player\\" within the Sales group to help
support market needs across all of the OEM landscape and provide
coverage for other Sales team members in accordance with company
* Participate in projects in support of Warn Automotive's strategic
and team-specific goals which would include but not be limited
* Lead or co-lead multiple large projects simultaneously and direct
the efforts of the organization to meet/exceed customer
expectations in order to ensure successful project completion. This
includes but is not limited to margin accountability for projects
involving annual revenue potential above $10,000,000.
* Participate as a support role for projects led by other team
members. Specific leadership and support of customer/market
projects will vary based on the strategic growth pipeline.
Collaboration and the leveraging of the organizational structure
will be necessary in order to accomplish this properly for all
functional areas. Must be comfortable working with constantly
changing project priorities to optimize Warn Automotive growth
* Facilitate and participate in communication that is professional,
respectful, courteous and effective manner with all employees,
customers, vendors, visitors and others with whom we may work or
* Consistently work with customer contacts, including but not
limited to; project engineers, buyer/planners, quality, executive
management, and shop floor personnel to build, maintain, and grow
Warn Automotive's relationship with the customer.
* Develop business case analysis with support from finance, program
management, engineering, manufacturing, and other areas of the
organization to fit Warn Automotive objectives.
* Facilitate commercial, technical, and sometimes quality-related
communication between Warn Automotive, customer and other supplier
partners. Attend meetings at customer and other supplier
* Facilitate customer and Warn-Automotive led design review
meetings, as well as, continuous improvement, value analysis /
value engineering, etc.
* Take a leadership role in the meetings and assignments,
aggressively pursue Warn-Automotive related issues at meetings, and
quickly communicate information internally
* Sell Warn Automotive's product in support of the business
strategic and team-specific goals which would include but not be
* Develop new markets, applications, customers and technology
outlets for Warn Automotive products, core competencies, and
intellectual properties consistent with the business strategy.
* Support tradeshow activity where necessary.
* Achieve annual revenue and earnings objectives within assigned
* Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of the Warn Automotive
team to obtain financial goals and constantly improve our
competitive position in the market.
* Develop monthly sales forecast to drive consistent, accurate data
for assigned accounts; provide market intelligence on market,
customers, competitors, and leading industry trends; evaluate and
drive the continuing appraisal of pricing and other policies; and
procedures with respect to assigned projects/customers/markets.
* Accountable for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in assigned area.
Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and practices
necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area.
* Strong Customer Relationships.
* Ethical Conduct.
* Communication Proficiency.
* Business Development Analysis.
* Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
* Collaborative and Strategic Mindset.
* Forecasting Accuracy.
* Negotiation Skills.
The required number of hours / week may vary depending on what is
required to efficiently perform the job duties of this position.
This position may require work outside of normal business operating
hours in the early mornings, evenings and/or during weekends.
Travel will be required to meet business needs and objectives and
to support customers. Travel may be international.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college.
* Five or more years of professional experience with business
development, account management, application engineering, and/or
project management responsibilities are required.
* Experience in a highly engineered product/industry role with
consultative selling environment is preferred.
* Five or more years of experience must include working with an OEM
in the automotive market.
* Successful experience with customer negotiations and leading
* Career history characterized by strong employers operating in
growth environments, stability in employment and success in
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills commensurate with
the job tasks and position necessary to communicate clearly and
effectively with internal and external customers while providing
exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law.
Keywords: WARN AUTOMOTIVE LLC, Livonia , Warn Automotive - Key Account Business Development Manager, Executive , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!