Assistant Manager of Consumer Lending
Company: Zeal Credit Union
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you ready for a career that will provide you
with a good work-life balance, a great family atmosphere, paid time
off, a great company culture, and paid holidays? Do you enjoy
interacting with community members and building trusted
relationships? Here at Zeal Credit Union, we offer the ability to
do just that, and much more.About Zeal Credit Union:At Zeal Credit
Union, we are passionate about our members, and we work hard every
day to help them achieve their financial goals. Working at Zeal
isn't just a job or a career; working at Zeal is a calling. So,
what does it take to work at Zeal Credit Union? It takes Character,
Empathy and Passion. These aren't just words to us; they are the
core elements of our brand and the principles that guide everything
we do. The Opportunity:We are looking for an Assistant Manager of
Consumer Lending to join our family here at Zeal Credit Union. The
primary purpose of this position is to assist the Credit Union in
achieving its service mission of building trusted relationships by
providing our members with superior financial solutions and
outstanding service.Essential Functions:
- Possess a passionate devotion to providing outstanding and
empathetic service to Zeal Credit Union members and fellow
- Exemplify Zeal Credit Union's three pillars: live with
character, feel with empathy and act with passion.
- Review and implement new and/or improved loan products.
- Supervise, train and coach Loan Department staff.
- Provide training and guidance to branch staff.
- Manage dealer relationships associated with indirect
- Handle difficult and special circumstance loan transactions and
- Conduct periodic training and coaching meetings.
- Perform Consumer Loan Underwriting functions.
- Interview and counsel credit challenged members to restructure
- Analyze and audit daily report of new loans for accuracy.
- Attend outside functions to improve products and procedures or
to educate others.
- Manage and control document storage system.
- Responsible for conducting employee ESP meetings and helping
employees set personal and professional goals.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to discuss department goals and
other department tasks.
- Conduct daily morning meetings to go over the day at a
- Backs up Loan Officers as an underwriter.
- Backs up Centralized Lending Processors by processing loans as
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Regular, onsite attendance. Job Qualification:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Minimum of three years of lending experience (making loan
decisions) in a bank, credit union, finance company or savings and
- Knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures affecting the
- Experience with loan processing software and data processing
- Strong customer service skills and a great attention to
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and solid
- Advanced mathematic skills and experience in Microsoft
- Results driven and customer focused.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at
- Ability to build relationships with members and the team.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Professional appearance and courteous demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines,
and procedures We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age,
national origin, or disability.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Zeal Credit Union, Livonia , Assistant Manager of Consumer Lending, Executive , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!