Senior Business Unit Risk Manager
Company: Comerica Bank
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Business Unit Risk Manager, Senior
The Business Unit Risk Senior Manager is responsible for leading,
managing and guiding the operational risk and regulatory compliance
for the business unit. This position focuses on risk mitigation
through policy and procedure management, review and implementation
of new regulations, coordination of audits and exam deliverables,
and compliance training course review by position and tracking for
completion. They will have oversight of all compliance related
activities on behalf of the business unit, including the
identification of compliance gaps, the development of remediation
plans, monitoring compliance status, and ultimate attestation of
The individual must possess excellent analytical problem-solving
and project management skills, and superior knowledge of
information security processes and technology. Demonstrated ability
to develop and implement internal controls, policies, and
procedures. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and strong
Policy, Process, and Procedure Improvement
- Coordinates the development and updating of all procedures and
department process flows and makes policy recommendations.
- Provides oversight in ensuring that processes and procedures
align with regulatory, policy compliance and control mitigation for
the business unit. Coordinate/lead initiatives to ensure that risk
mitigation controls are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Manage the review of changes in company processes, standards
and technology to ensure the effectiveness of security controls and
meet compliance requirements.
- Ensure the business unit follows the supplier management and
third-party risk policies and processes to maintain proper
oversight and awareness of Supplier Risk, Contract Term
- Management and Compliance Committees and Projects.
- Participate in multiple industry forums to share, decipher and
create solutions to address risk and compliance trends and provide
recommendations and counsel to senior management to gain support
for implementation of new strategies.
- Primary point of contact for large to complex corporate and
department projects representing department needs on steer
committees and/or core teams while ensuring adherence to corporate
and/or department direction.Strategy
- Responsible for creating a compliance and risk framework that
develops, documents and maintains repeatable processes to
determine, measure and report accurate view of significant current
and future potential risks.
- Provide a roadmap for ensuring Risk Control Self Assessments
are being conducted along with remediation efforts to close any
- Lead development and reporting of risk metrics, including Key
Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Manage and develop a risk dashboard for the Business Unit,
tracking risk assessment activities, remediation efforts, and
consolidated risk metric reporting.Control Testing Oversight
- Assess new or changing regulatory requirements and the effect
on department (s) to ensure all regulatory and compliance controls
remain effective and current. Measure against the appetite and the
risk tolerance of the business unit and its processes.
- Ensure all pending and unresolved compliance issues are
appropriately tracked and closed.
- Provides risk management, regulatory, compliance and technical
advice and support for staff; Provide guidance to the business unit
on recommendations for remediation of control gaps.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 7 years of project management experience
- 7 years of regulatory examination process experience
- 7 years of management experienceLivonia Operations Center
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Keywords: Comerica Bank, Livonia , Senior Business Unit Risk Manager, Executive , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!