Account Manager - Automotive Segment
Company: Hirose Electric USA
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Reports to the Director of Automotive
This position is primarily responsible for managing the sales activities within the specified business segment to increase and implement strategic corporate directives. This position is also responsible for identifying and developing new customers within targeted market segments.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exceed yearly sales goals within the assigned territory.
2. Grow both the sales pipeline and increase conversion dollars year over year exceeding the yearly sales goals.
3. Responsible for new business development in the targeted market segments.
4. Build professional network to help identify new business.
5. Follow the direction/order/instruction from the segment director on where to target (market/customer/application/product).
6. Prospect for the target accounts that have potential for strong sales growth within the segment.
7. Works with complex or high-profile products/services, sales or account management process; and can serve as team lead.
8. Has a deep understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market or the needs/challenges of accounts.
9. Utilize knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop selling propositions and differentiators.
10. Work with global engineering and sales teams to develop proposals and present products that meet customer requirements
11. Research and present market data to segment team to identify needs of new products through activities.
12. Effectively identify and build relationships with key customer decision makers
13. Obtain customer meetings to build a funnel of opportunities, track them in Sales Force
14. Obtain customer's business information, such as, business size, who is their competitors, # of engineers, future business plan, etc. and report immediately to segment director.
15. Prepare and submit sales activity reports on a timely basis including the rolling 12-month sales forecast for domestic and international, visit reports, Sales Force updates, and product forecasting as necessary
16. Attend sales meetings upon request and present market, account, and project status updates
17. Utilize distribution and manufacturing's representative network to expand presence of Hirose into new accounts
18. Manage pricing and contract administration to maintain established profit margins
19. Employee must complete their tasks per ISO9001-2008 requirements, when applicable
20. Comply with established Hirose sales policies, pricing guidelines and best practices.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERFACE
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills to communicate and interface with all levels of customers and within Hirose globally.
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in order to work with both external and internal customers. Able to clearly and concisely communicate across different cultures.
- BA / BS degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of sales experience within the Automotive electrical component industry
- Experience with business or product development of $1M+/yr projects
- Must be able to handle a variety of business situations including customer inquiries, strategic
pricing, delivery and quality issues.
- Must possess the technical knowledge to be able to fully comprehend the customer's requirements and provide the appropriate Hirose product solution.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, along with web-conference systems.
- Self-motivated & positive attitude with great energy.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of time to the multiple customer's R&D locations, and may include international travel.
- Must be able to negotiate the territory assigned either by driving or using available transportation on an on-going basis, which may require long distance travelling.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- When not conducting business outside the office, the employee is expected to adhere to normal business hours at report of duty at the Hirose USA assigned office in Livonia, Michigan.
Hirose Electric USA, Inc. may need to revise or change the essential and supplemental responsibilities of the position as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Keywords: Hirose Electric USA, Livonia , Account Manager - Automotive Segment, Executive , Livonia, Michigan
here to apply!