Director of Operations - Dialysis
Company: Fresenius Kidney Care
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Director of Operations - Dialysis page is loaded Director of
Operations - Dialysis Apply locations Ann Arbor, MI, USA Livonia,
MI, USA Dearborn Heights, MI Ypsilanti, MI, USA time type Full time
posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id R0092104 PURPOSE AND
SCOPE: Acts as a serving leader to direct, administer and oversee
the day to day operations and activities of dialysis facilities and
programs within a specified and potentially changing geographic
proximity. The scope includes, but is not limited to, chronic
in-center clinics and home therapy programs, in an assigned area
ensuring compliance with established company and regulatory
guidelines and procedures, to provide high quality dialysis service
and superior patient care to the community. Participates in the
implementation of divisional and company initiatives and
strategies. Practices cost containment strategies, maintaining
profitability and growth of area, while ensuring compliance with
all pertinent company policies and regulatory requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides strategic
leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of
thoughtful and collaborative techniques in the communication of the
company's mission and core values as a means to implement positive
change and/or create organization structure within the designated
- Acts as a serving leader to oversee the dialysis business of
assigned facilities and programs within a defined area through
effective leadership and management of quality patient care,
customer relations, marketing and responsible fiscal management.
Coordinates operational strategies and activities to ensure the
provision of superior quality patient care and dialysis service
while adhering to regulatory and company guidelines and
requirements ensuring efficiency and economy.
- Leads the development of area strategic plans, goals and
objectives ensuring alignment with those of the region, division
and company. Implements, disseminates and administers operations
strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the
division's and company's goals and objectives. Implements facility,
program and area specific quality goals and action plans in order
to achieve company quality standards.
- Provides leadership support and guidance to facility/program
management including clinical and home therapy managers and other
support staff. Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and
formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process.
Manages the staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and
disciplinary actions in collaboration with HR.
- Mentors, guides, supports and provides subject matter expertise
to direct supervisory reports with region.
- Ensures all employees receive the appropriate training and
education according to company policies and procedures including
ongoing compliance training. -
- Collaborates with the appropriate Corporate and local groups to
ensure the growth of all modalities.
- Ensures a strong and robust communications process and high
level of engagement between all managers and staff within the area
and clinics, and across the division as needed by leading
communications sessions and meetings with managers and ensuring the
appropriate dissemination of communications to direct patient care
and support within the area.
- Participates in all pertinent training and development
opportunities to grow and develop business knowledge, and skills
and leadership competencies. Relationships
- Maintains continual presence in facilities and programs within
assigned area and accessibility to staff and patients.
- Acts as the primary liaison between the company and the Medical
Directors, Medical Advisory Board members, and referring
physicians, ensuring appropriate communication of company
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong Medical
Director and physician relationships.
- Presides over facility Governing Body. Strategic
- Responsible for addressing and acting upon adverse event and
action thresholds in area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with management to develop clinical and program
budgets, monitoring performance to ensure optimal, efficient and
effective operations practices with regulatory and company
- Responsible for profit and loss management of assigned clinics,
programs and areas including optimal performance of facility
operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance
- Works closely with Managed Care resources to increase the payor
mix and to retain commercial patients.
- Manages the payroll and oversees facility expenses and accounts
payable for the assigned programs and ensures cost containment
strategies are practiced.
- Reviews the balance sheet and income statements regarding
revenue growth and commercial payer mix on a frequents basis to
understand the status of the business.
- Determines impact of proposed changes and identified
improvements prior to implementation to ensure a positive
- Accountable for implementing and driving the Staffing,
ScheduleWise and other business initiatives including the prompt
implementation of corrective action plans for clinics/programs with
below threshold performance.
- Ensures efficient and economical performance in accordance with
clinic operating budgets and takes the appropriate actions to
ensure the attainment of profit and year-end goals and objectives.
Responsible for the implementation and achievement of the business
plan and key performance indicators. Reviews analysis of
performance including financial and productivity data for area with
management and makes the appropriate changes in strategies, goals
and objectives responding to current status and conditions.
Coordinates and oversees all logistics associated with patient care
within the assigned area.
- Collaborates with the operations management team to respond to
Joint Venture (JV) opportunities, to identify merger and
acquisition opportunities and to participate in the related
activities as appropriate. This may include, but is not limited to,
providing oversight of the JV operations; participating in JV Board
meetings and JV Management meetings assuming Board positions as
needed, and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the JVs are in
compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory
- Maintains current knowledge regarding community and regional
healthcare market and industry issues which may impact business.
Utilizes current knowledge of FMCNA products, services and
strategies to market the company and grow the business.
- Works with clinical and program managers to synergize and drive
patients to move to Home where applicable while balancing the needs
for incenter/home programs and creating a collaborate approach.
- Responsible and accountable for facility/program maintenance of
environmental integrity including safety of all facilities and
water systems within designated area.
- Maintains Administrative policy and procedure manuals.
- Oversees Privacy and Security compliance according to company
Risk Management and Compliance requirements.
- Prepares reports and audits current procedures and processes to
monitor efficiency of operations.
- Practices risk management strategies and collaborates with
internal and external legal counsel as appropriate to resolve legal
issues with goal of reducing company exposure.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORKING CONDITIONS : The Physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work
and interaction with patients, facility, staff and physicians. The
work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with
air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed
to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. - Regularly travels between
locations primarily during the business day, although some
out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. SUPERVISION:
Manages subordinate supervisors and/or predominately exempt staff.
- Bachelor's Degree; Advanced Degree preferred or an equivalent
combination of education and experience EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED
- 3-5 years of business operations management and leadership
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills
including excellent financial competence, operational excellence,
exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Strong Business Acumen; multiple modality exposure a plus
- Demonstrated practice of continuous quality improvement and
- Results oriented.
- Excellent skills for team building, motivating employees,
performance management and decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact. EO/AA
Orientation/Gender Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws. EO/AA Employer:
Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
About Us Our Work Experience is the combination of everything
that's unique about us: our culture, our core values, our company
meetings, our commitment to sustainability, our recognition
programs, but most importantly, it's our people. Our employees are
self-disciplined, hard working, curious, trustworthy, humble, and
truthful. They make choices according to what is best for the team,
they live for opportunities to collaborate and make a difference,
and they make us the #1 Top Workplace in the area. Join our Talent
Network! Let's stay connected! Joining our talent network allows us
to send you new job opportunities!
Keywords: Fresenius Kidney Care, Livonia , Director of Operations - Dialysis, Executive , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...