Service Lead RN- FT-OR- Trinity Health Livonia Hospital
Company: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Rotating ShiftDescription:An
Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care as an OR Service Lead
awaits YOU!!!!Trinity Health Livonia is a beautiful full-service,
304-bed acute care hospital, located in Livonia, MI, that provides
comprehensive care, including a 24-hour emergency department,
general medicine, inpatient and outpatient surgery, physical
medicine and rehabilitation, intensive care unit, cancer,
cardiology, geriatrics and birthing and women's health. Through
several major expansions in the hospital, programs and services,
St. Mary Mercy continues to offer the latest in quality health and
medical services. St. Mary Mercy has received numerous awards
recognizing excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety,
financial performance and efficiency.GENERAL SUMMARY:In addition to
performing RN, Registered Nurse duties in the Operating Room, the
Service Lead will coordinateservice lines with Surgical Staff,
Sterile Processing Department, Sales Representatives, Section Chief
and Surgeons within the specialty. Performs all the duties of a
Registered Nurse, Operating Room. Embraces and promotes the system
values to assure customer satisfaction and excellence in patient
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in the service line.
- Acts as primary contact for sub-section chair and surgeons in
- Attends section meetings. Brings pertinent information from
division meetings to appropriate surgical staff.
- Act as a liaison between Materials Coordinator, Sales
Representatives, Surgeons, and other departments for
instrumentation, supplies and equipment related issues. Monitors
- Maintains all specialty pick lists. Meets with physicians
annually and as needed to review pick lists to ensure accuracy.
Maintains master copies of pick lists. Creates new pick lists for
- Coordinates instrumentation changes/requests with Section Chief
and Surgeons within specialty.
- Coordinates the evaluation of new equipment across the service
line and keeps record of trial outcomes. Brings surgeon requests
through the value analysis process.
- Develops orientation materials and coordinates orientation for
- Meets regularly with SPD Manager, ensures accuracy of
instrumentation count sheets.
- Works in collaboration with Educator to provide in-services for
- Follows established hospital policies and procedures.
- Functions in the role of patient advocate, protects the patient
safety rights as stated in the Patient Privacy Act.
- Participates in unit based committees
- Participates in QI projects and assists in data
- Demonstrates awareness of self-learning needs and seeks ways to
meet these in order to maintain current competency and responds to
new clinical demands.
- The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and
the skill necessary to provide the care appropriate to the age of
the patient served in the unit, including but not limited to
principles of growth and development, psychological needs,
physiological needs, etc. Such should be provided as described in
the unit's department policy and procedure manual.
- Maintains all competencies and health stream modules up to
- Incorporates and demonstrates the mission, vision and values of
St. Mary Mercy Hospital in behaviors, practices and
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- BSN Preferred
- Current RN Michigan license
- BCLS certified
- Successful completion of nursing orientation
- Minimum of 1 year experience in surgical specialty
- AORN Certification preferredBENEFITS AVAILABLE TO YOU AS A
COLLEAGUE OF TRINITY
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO,
Life Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability starts DAY ONE
- Nurse Residency Program for all new nurses! Click here for more
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free parking in proximity to your workplace.Click Here to learn
more about the benefits, culture and career development
opportunities available to you at Trinity Health System.ABOUT
TRINITY HEALTH LIVONIA HOSPITALWe are a member of Trinity Health, a
leading Catholic health care system based in Livonia, Michigan.
Trinity Health operates in 22 states, employs about 133,000
colleagues and returns almost $1.1 billion to its communities
annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit
programs.Click Here to learn more about Trinity Health
Our Commitment to Diversity and
InclusionTrinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and
nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because
we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to
recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language
preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve
and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We
also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and
perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to
innovative solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention,
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Livonia , Service Lead RN- FT-OR- Trinity Health Livonia Hospital, Healthcare , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!