Company: New Oakland Family Centers
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionNew Oakland Family Centers provides comprehensive
behavioral health and substance abuse services for consumers across
Michigan, in both outpatient and partial hospitalization
settings.Location: Livonia 5 Mile CenterSchedule: Monday-Friday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm or another full-time equivalent. Reports To:
Director of Nursing / Site Director Compensation: Hourly Employee
Position Summary: The Medical Assistant is a full-time or part-time
position comprised of multiple clinical and administrative duties
for the FACE to FACE Partial Hospitalization and Outpatient
Programs. The Medical Assistant will work closely with consumers
and both clinical and administrate staff across all levels of the
organization. Desired Skills:
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well on a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong understanding of, and ability to comply with all HIPAA
- Understanding of Medical Terminology
- Strong customer service skillsEssential Duties / Functions:
- Assist in site screening procedures when needed (related to
- Obtain vital signs (BP, HR, Wt and Ht) for consumers as
directed and document findings appropriately.
- Assist in confirming/obtaining/updating consents and other
required documentation for lab work, including lab requisition
forms, H&P, transportation team and other internal and external
- Assist with lab specimen collection (urine only)
- Assist scheduling PHP psychiatric appointments based on
- Maintain records of medication samples and OTC medications
including administration of such.
- Maintain all first aid kits and ensure supplies are replenished
as needed. Complete monthly audits of kits.
- Complete documentation as required by the clinic's
- Attend designated meeting as needed, in addition to, daily FACE
to FACE administrative meetings.
- Ability to resolve all crisis situations appropriately.
- Fulfillment of all initial and ongoing trainings
- Assist nurse and prescriber with Telehealth processes
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications: High School Diploma
required. One to two years of relevant experience required.
Relevant coursework and/or certifications preferred. Working
Conditions: Staff need to be prepared to be actively involved with
clients. Navy blue scrubs required per Employee Handbook.
Keywords: New Oakland Family Centers, Livonia , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!