Surgical Technician - $4K Sign-On Bonus - FT/Day -Trinity Health Livonia
Company: SaintJoseph Mercy Health System
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Full time Shift:
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team as aSurgical
Technician in theOperating Room Department at St. Mary Mercy
- The Surgical Technician, under direct supervision, performs a
variety of duties in the Operating Room with possible rotation to
other Surgical Services departments.
- Assists with surgical procedures, providing the surgeon with
the necessary surgical instruments, supplies and/or equipment with
maximum efficiency and optimum maintenance of aseptic
- Prepares operating room for surgery by checking the case cart
and preference sheet, and aseptically opening instruments, supplies
- Sets up and maintains sterile field, and assists during the
case by providing the surgical team with the necessary surgical
instruments, sponges, sutures and medications.
- Demonstrates theory and skill of surgical asepsis by
maintaining and assisting efficiently within the sterile
- Participates with the sponge, needle and instrument
- Performs duties under the direction of the registered nurse
- Communicates to the circulating nurse all pertinent information
for continuity of patient care.
- At the completion of the surgical case, assists in room
clean-up and the removal of the soiled case cart, supplies and
trash from OR room.
- Demonstrates ability to function in all surgical specialties
and performs assignments with minimal assistance.
- Transports laboratory, surgical instruments and/or supplies as
- May be utilized to perform in a capacity of a Surgical Service
- As the patient advocate, notifies appropriate member of the
health care team of observed condition or change in condition of
the patient to provide continuity of patient care. REQUIRMENTS
- Associate degree in Surgical Technology or
- Specialized training in the Armed Forces or
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Surgical Technician
- Surgical Technician Certification Preferred.
- BLS Certification
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: SaintJoseph Mercy Health System, Livonia , Surgical Technician - $4K Sign-On Bonus - FT/Day -Trinity Health Livonia, Healthcare , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!