Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.Staff
PharmacistUS-MI-LivoniaJob ID: 2023-22221Type: Regular Full-Time#
of Openings: 1Category: PharmacyLivonia, MI (CAPS
Detroit)OverviewCAPS -, the nation's largest network of outsourcing
admixture pharmacies, has been delivering high-quality, same-day,
admixture services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient
facilities for more than 28 years. Along with the nation's largest
503A sterile injectable outsourcing network, CAPS offers
industry-leading batch compounding on a national scale through
three 503B registered outsourcing facilities. With experience,
capacity, and a passion for safety, CAPS is your 503B solution.CAPS
is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S.
ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: Responsibilities: Essential
- Adheres to all policies and procedures
- Prepares compounded sterile products using aseptic technique
and CAPS Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures pharmacy compliance with rules and regulations of the
State Board of Pharmacy and other regulating agencies.
- Reviews orders and prescriptions for admixing and
- Resolves order discrepancies and problems with customer
pharmacy personnel. Provides after hour On Call coverage.
- Participates in CAPS Continuous Quality Improvement Program and
performs Quality Control functions as assigned.
- Assists in successful pharmacy operation: troubleshooting
equipment problems, ordering supplies and maintaining
- Maintains positive customer relationships.
- May supervise IV Technicians and interns; reviews works for
accuracy while ensuring compliance with CAPS SOPs. The job function
listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any
responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
General: It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to
take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and
other persons. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field.
- Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates
them to propose a course of action.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, and/or
reviewing the work of peers.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers.
- Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
- Bachelor's degree or PharmD required.
- 04-06 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed, On-call hours
as needed, Valid Pharmacist license While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 20 pounds. . Additional Information
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Moderate work - Exerting up to 40 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 lbs of force frequently, and/or 10 lbs force
constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Constantly:Stand, Visual Acuity with or without corrective
- Occasionally:Sitting , Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward
and downward, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
- Constantly:Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing
protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision,
field of vision/peripheral, StandingEnvironmental Conditions:
- Occasionally:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or
caustic chemicals (in most areas)
- Constantly:N/A Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Office environment
- Constantly:Lab environment What We OfferB. Braun offers an
excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k)
plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and
our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.PI201509468
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Livonia , Staff Pharmacist, Healthcare , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!