Family Medicine - Core Faculty Opportunity
Company: Trinity Health
Posted on: November 18, 2023
IHA and St. Mary Mercy Hospital have an excellent full-time
opportunity for a Family Medicine Core Faculty located in Livonia,
Michigan.Core faculty members provide teaching and precepting
services at the outpatient clinic site in Livonia and inpatient
teaching services at St. Mary Mercy Hospital.The selected candidate
will provide instruction, supervision, and evaluation of resident
physicians required to meet the educational objectives of the
Family Medicine residency program; conduct clinical, teaching,
administrative, and scholarly activity responsibilities in
accordance with assigned work schedules and standards; and provide
other teaching services, such as medical student clinical
education, as assigned.Faculty will be selected based on
qualifications, commitment, and desire to function as a teacher and
clinical supervisor. Faculty are expected to serve as positive role
models for residents and students, including demonstration of
exemplary professionalism, interpersonal and communication skills,
patient safety and continuous improvement of practice. Faculty must
be active clinicians with broad knowledge of, experience with, and
commitment to Family Medicine as a discipline, and to the
generalist training of residents.Specific responsibilities
- Provide instruction (bedside and classroom) and supervision of
Family Medicine residents to meet the educational objectives of the
Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Complete all scheduled teaching assignments as assigned by the
Family Medicine Program Director.
- Provide other teaching services to meet the elective and
secondary educational objectives of the residency program and for
medical student teaching as assigned and scheduled by the Family
Medicine Program Director.
- Be available to the residents as needed for advice and
- Evaluate and appropriately document the educational and
clinical performance of residents in cooperation with other faculty
and the Program Director.
- Maintain an active clinical practice through the teaching
program and through other assigned clinical responsibilities.
- Carry out administrative duties for the residency program as
assigned by the Program Director.
- Participate in the evaluation and improvement of the Family
Medicine Residency Program in cooperation with faculty, residents,
and the Program Director.
- Participate in faculty development activities to maintain and
improve teaching skill and ability, including research.
- Maintain a learning environment characterized by inquiry and
scholarship, including active participation in the conferences and
other formal teaching activities of the program. Provide support
and advice for residents who are conducting research and other
scholarly activity, such as case reports.
- Cooperate with the Program Director in maintaining compliance
with policies and procedures governing resident education, such as
the limits on resident work hours and patient assignments.
- Advise the Program Director on resource needs of the program,
such as staff, equipment, and educational resources.
- Assure presence and supervision of residents at Provider's
inpatient and outpatient clinic site sufficient to meet
- Provides learning opportunities for Obstetric management of
family medicine patients (applies to faculty with Obstetrics
privileges)Core Faculty report to the Program Director of the
Family Medicine Residency Program and have collaborative reporting
relationships to the Director, Medical Education/DIO and the Chair
of the Department of Family Medicine as well as Chief Medical
Officer.Faculty physicians must possess the requisite specialty
expertise and competence in clinical care and teaching abilities,
as well as documented educational and administrative abilities and
experience in their field.This is an outstanding opportunity for
the right Family Medicine physician to join the Family Medicine
Residency program at St. Mary Mercy Hospital.
RECRUITMENT PACKAGEAn excellent compensation and benefits package
is available for the right candidate including:
- Competitive base rate and compensation plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits; 403b, 457
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Profession Malpractice Coverage with Tail Coverage
Keywords: Trinity Health, Livonia , Family Medicine - Core Faculty Opportunity, Healthcare , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!