Company: MI_THC Trinity Health Corporation
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Provides expert direction, management, and assistance to managers,
colleagues, and vendors in analysis and resolution of complex
issues related to service and delivery of benefits administration.
Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for administration and technology
support for Workday, PeopleSoft, and Kronos to facilitate Payroll
processing. Provides consultation and guidance in the
interpretation and application of policies and procedures for
managers and colleagues, and acts to minimize risk in all
situations. Develops sustainable, efficient, and effective
processes to support customers within the parameters of the
department service level agreements. Markets department services
and provides world class customer service.
1. Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the mission,
vision, and values of Trinity Health in leadership, behaviors,
practices, and decisions.
2. Manages specialized Human Resource service delivery for the HR
Service Center. Operates as subject matter expert in areas of
vendor administration, life status change administration, health
and welfare plan administration, Payroll processing systems,
employment life cycle administration, or other Human Resources
functional areas. May serve as back-up for other specialty
3. Manages complex, escalated cases and acts to adjudicate appeals
within the limits of the IRS Section 125 Plan and Trinity Health HR
Policies. Reviews documentation and works with Total Rewards
Benefits and Well-Being and the Legal Department to resolve cases
and minimize exposure and risk.
4. Acts independently to audit monthly vendor billings and eligible
participant and dependent reporting. Reviews and reconciles
discrepancies with payroll; processes eligibility reports, court
orders and status changes with insurance carrier and Payroll.
Researches and prepares reports and spreadsheets analyzing costs
5. Acts as team trainer for the implementation of new processes,
procedures, and policies and supports the process of RHM
implementation in a shared service center environment. Ensures that
all processes and procedures are fully documented and updated for
access in the Knowledge Base.
6. Leads projects, such as Open Enrollment for supported RHM's to
include coordination and timing of communications, website set-up,
system testing, report generation, final report compilation and
presentation to HR leadership.
7. Responsible for the development of sustainable, efficient, and
effective processes for the health ministries supported by the
Department within the guaranteed service level agreements.
8. Works with the manager to provide team analytics and metrics and
assembles relevant data in a management presentation format.
Utilizes presentation skills to provide project and customer
service delivery updates to HR and RHM management.
9. Relies on expert knowledge of Human Resource law, benefits plan
design, IRS Code Section 125, ACA regulations, various payroll
regulations, and HRIS reporting capabilities to effectively manage
specialized job assignments.
10. Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with health
ministry staff, Payroll, HR Operations, Legal Department, Total
Rewards Benefits and Well-Being and vendors to facilitate efficient
management of escalated assignments.
11. Maintains strong attention to detail while focusing on customer
excellence by building rapport and establishing trust.
12. Supports and maintains an effective team environment by
providing synergy to all processes.
13. Utilizes case management system to accurately log case issues
and notes for case assigned under stringent Legal Department
14. Adheres to established regulations and ensures compliance for,
processes, procedures, plans and systems.
15. Maintains confidentiality of department and associate
information according to established practice within HIPAA and NPPI
16. Performs administrative activities, which includes completion,
review, and approval of HR business transactions, preparing
statistical/operational reports and conducting data integrity
audits. Participates, as a Department representative on
cross/functional teams while maintaining regular work duties and
performs other related duties as required.
17. Maintains a working level knowledge of applicable Federal,
State and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health's Corporate
Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and
procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects
honest, ethical and professional behavior.
1. Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of Human Resources,
Health & Welfare Benefits implementation, annual enrollment,
process integration and contact/service center operations, as
normally obtained through an Associate's Degree and four (4) to
five (5) years of progressive experience with increased
responsibility in an HR specialist or support role experience in a
high volume work environment or an equivalent combination of
education and experience. A Bachelor's degree in Business
Administration, Business Systems, Human Resources or related field
is preferred. A CEBS or PHR/PCP certification is preferred.
2. Experience in vendor management preferred. Thorough
understanding of benefit plan design and eligibility required.
3. Advanced proficiency of HRIS required. Must possess a
comprehensive knowledge of HRIS and HR processes, and an
understanding of the downstream impact of transactions to benefits,
pay, and other areas (Workday experience) Serves as subject matter
expert on HR systems and tools and is able to identify when
information appears out of alignment or incorrect. Familiarity with
Workday, PeopleSoft, and Kronos time and attendance system
4. Demonstrated decision making skills. Excellent communication
skills, including strong listening and comprehension skills, and
excellent human relations and interpersonal skills. Strong
analytic, problem solving, judgment and conflict resolution
5. Ability to work independently with little supervision while
organizing and prioritizing workload. Ability to handle multiple
tasks, meet established deadlines and, with composure, work in a
face paced work environment.
6. Ability to effectively interact and successfully represent the
Department with higher level managers, other various departments,
functional areas and health ministries.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite.
8. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared
9. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a
sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire
and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision,
goals and values of Trinity Health.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1 Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt
to them as they change frequently. Must be able to work
concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that
may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and
2 Must be able to travel to the various Trinity Health sites 20%,
3 Must possess the ability to comply with Trinity Health policies
4 Communicates frequently, in person and over the phone, with
people in all locations on product support issues. Hearing is
needed for extensive telephone and in person communication.
5. Operates in a typical office environment. The area is well lit,
temperature controlled and free from hazards. There are no confined
6. Manual dexterity for keyboard use is necessary as well as the
ability to work ergonomically in an office environment.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: MI_THC Trinity Health Corporation, Livonia , HR Specialist, Human Resources , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!