Senior Compensation and Payroll Specialist
Company: AAA Life Insurance Company
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Senior Compensation and Payroll SpecialistUS-MI-LivoniaJob ID:
2023-1394Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: Human
ResourcesLivoniaOverviewAre you an engaged professional in the
fields of Compensation, Human Resources, and Payroll
Administration? Are you passionate about ensuring that associates
are fairly compensated, and their payroll is processed timely? If
so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a
Senior Compensation and Payroll Specialist!ResponsibilitiesPosition
Overview:As a Senior Compensation and Payroll Specialist, you will
play a crucial role in our organization by being responsible for
and optimizing our compensation and payroll processes. The
compensation responsibilities include providing professional
delivery of our compensation programs, analyzing total rewards
programs, and making recommendations to support company
initiatives. The payroll responsibilities include end-to-end
payroll administration and processing.If you have a proven
background in HR, finance, and payroll, and you're ready to begin a
new opportunity, we want to hear from you!Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the HR team and/or managers on matters
relating to compensation. Participate in the presentation of new
compensation programs to associates.
- Participate in the administration of associate compensation,
which includes report generation and ensuring accurate
implementation of approved merit increases and Short-Term Incentive
- Administer salary and benefits surveys and analyze results in
relation to AAA Life programs.
- Participate in the job evaluation process to assign pay grades
equitably across the organization. Collaborate with department
leaders to gain insight on organizational and specific job changes
and apply principles of job evaluation to ensure fair and
consistent outcomes, which includes the review of jobs for accurate
classification of Exempt/Non-Exempt status.
- Assist Total Rewards Manager with the annual compensation
planning process, including analytical and implementation support
for compensation strategy design, including data gathering,
potential survey analysis, and impact of program changes to align
to total rewards strategy and market comparisons.
- Participate in the annual Compensation Review and Associate
Incentive Plan award calculation process. Ensure efficient and
accurate data reporting to management and implementation of final
approved results. Ensure changes and rationale are fully developed
and communicated to associates.
- Responsible for processing the Company's bi-weekly payroll.
Review of data to ensure payroll accuracy including, but not
limited to: timesheet data verifications, new hires, associate
separations, compensation increases, bonuses, incentives, banking
information, 401(k) deferral changes and loans, garnishments,
withholding allowances, and deductions via the HR/payroll
- Stay up-to-date with the latest payroll and compensation laws
- Maintain compliance with federal and state benefits, payroll,
and tax legislation.
- Work independently and complete tasks with minimal
- Use Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Outlook, and Word, to
perform job duties.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Human Resources,
Accounting/Finance, or a related field.
- 4 years of demonstrated ability in Compensation, Human
Resources, or Payroll Administration.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using HR/payroll systems to
process complex organizational payroll.
- Ceridian Dayforce experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base
compensation and incentive compensation programs.
- Familiarity with federal and state benefit, payroll, and tax
legislation, including ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, and ACA.
- Solid understanding of company policies and operations related
to HR, payroll, and compensation.
- Familiarity with HR/payroll system design, structure, and
processes, especially as related to payroll processing.What We
Offer:Competitive salary and benefits package.Opportunity to work
with a dynamic team in a thriving company.An exciting and rewarding
work environment.Continuous professional development and training
opportunities.If you are a self-motivated, detailed professional
with a passion for payroll and compensation, we encourage you to
apply for the Senior Compensation and Payroll Specialist position
at AAA Life. Join us in our commitment to fair compensation
practices and efficient payroll processing.
Keywords: AAA Life Insurance Company, Livonia , Senior Compensation and Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!