Solutions Engineer, Wireless
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Be unstoppable with us!T-Mobile is synonymous with
innovation-and you could be part of the team that disrupted an
entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to
the nation, and now we're shaping the future of technology in
wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so
consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow
with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us.
Together, we won't stop!Job Overview
The Solutions Engineer (SE) partners with Business Sales to sell
T-Mobile for Business products and services by leveraging their
strong technical skills, experience, and industry knowledge. SEs
engage in pre-sales activities by consulting on customer
opportunities to gain understanding of their business, identify
their business challenges, and develop solutions which meet their
needs. The SE architects and designs solutions utilizing T-Mobile
or partner business solutions, equipment and network. SEs provide
technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations,
as well as providing answers to customer's technical inquiries.
SEs further support Business Sales by reviewing specific customer
opportunities and sales funnels. SEs will keep the Business Sales
teams they support apprised of relevant technologies and industry
trends. They will also consult with Sales on the technical aspects
of T-Mobile for business products and services. As needed, SEs
partner with Marketing, Product, Engineering, Sales Ops, and Care
teams to provide feedback, support special projects, and engage in
market-level opportunities. SEs maintain their technical skills and
industry expertise by participating in internal and external
training opportunities. SEs also pursue and maintain partner or
industry certification as required for their position.
Wireless Solutions Engineers (Wireless SE) also:
*Understand and present T-Mobile wireless network and related key
*Maintain expert-level knowledge of wireless handsets, mobile
hotspots, tablets, and key wireless devices
*Maintain expert-level knowledge of wireless-related Value-Added
*Facilitate wireless network coverage analysis
*Discuss and assist with processing In-Building Coverage
*Understand and present product roadmaps as needed
*Understand and present network coverage/network build-out plans as
*Assist with post-sale support/escalations as needed
*High-level portfolio awareness of T-Mobile Global Wireline
Solutions network, solutions, and technologiesJob
- Aligns to support an SMB sales team in-market.
- Participate in customer meetings, primarily face to face.
- Facilitate coverage analysis and review with customers.
- Discuss and assist with processing In-Building coverage
- Uncover opportunities and recommend solutions
- Understanding nuances and drivers
- Design and architect services and solutions
- Close technical hurdles
- Prepare and present technical customer presentations
- Present product roadmaps
- Present network build-out plans.
- Demonstrate wireless devices and solutions to customers.
- Provide RFP technical input
- Strategize with Sales team to improve Regional/National
- Participate in account reviews with customers
- Own customer technical relationships
- Supports customer pilots.
- Supports complex customer opportunities in sophisticated
customer segments such as Enterprise and Public Sector.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise in at least one area of focus
(SDWAN/Edge, Security, Mobile Internet/Routers, etc.)
- Maintaining technical knowledge by attend training in assigned
- Maintaining adequate level of industry expertise
- Pursue industry certification appropriate to role
- T-Mobile wireless network and related key technologies
- Wireless handsets, mobile hotspots, tablets, and key wireless
- Wireless-related Value-Added Solutions
- High-level understanding of T-Mobile Global Wireline Solutions
network, products, and technologies.
- Ensure a positive customer experience
- Assist w/ high-level support and troubleshooting
- Open tickets and engage appropriate support resources
- Train Sales on technical topics, product updates, Tech
- Customer Trainings
- Product/Network/Marketing road-show webinars
- Provides Training and Mentoring to Associate SEs as required.
- High School Diploma/GED (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree STEM area of study strongly preferred.
(Required) Work Experience:
- 4-7 years Experience in telecommunications, IT administration
or network engineering roles with a professional track record of
successful solution sales, managing internal/external relationships
in a matrix environment. ()
- Experience supporting Enterprise and Public Sector accounts. ()
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical Leadership (Required)
- Project Management (Preferred)
- Communication Excellent oral and written communications; strong
interpersonal skills. (Required)
- Sales Experience with Sales Methodologies. (Preferred)
- Applications Proficiency with business application software.
- Strategic Leadership Ability to provide strategic direction in
a leadership role. (Required)
- Technical Presentations Ability to create and deliver technical
- Subject Matter Expertise in at least one area of focus
(SDWAN/Edge, Security, Mobile Internet/Routers, etc.) (Required)
Licenses and Certifications:* At least 18 years of age
* Legally authorized to work in the United States
* T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19, unless precluded from doing so by
applicable law. The CDC currently defines 'fully vaccinated' as two
weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks
after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require
proof of vaccination, and will consider requests for exemption from
this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable
accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious
beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue
hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of
others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Travel Required (Yes/No):
DOT Regulated Position (Yes/No):No
Safety Sensitive Position (Yes/No):No
T-Mobile's CommitmentNever stop growing!T-Mobile doesn't have a
corporate ladder-it's more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We
love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it's that
shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture
forward.If you'd like to receive more information about careers at
T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! T-Mobile
USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions
concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard
to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran
status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any
other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any
of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and
will not be tolerated.Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation at any point in the application or interview process,
please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com
or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not
a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable
to respond to non-accommodation related requests.
Keywords: T-Mobile, Livonia , Solutions Engineer, Wireless, IT / Software / Systems , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!