MedCerts is a national online career training school pioneering
the way students learn and employers hire. Focused on direct to
consumer certifications in the healthcare and IT fields, the
eLearning school helps students gain the skills and knowledge
necessary to excel in new careers and deliver employers the right
candidates to fit their organization. MedCerts delivers
certification and career training through HD-quality video-based
instruction, virtual simulations, games and animations, and
on-the-job training. Since 2009, the company has trained over
19,000 students in over 35 career programs and over 800
organizations using or hiring these students. For more information,
The Pharmacy Technician Program Director is responsible for the
planning, implementation, coordination, supervision, and evaluation
of all instruction and related Pharmacy Technician program
management activities. The Program Director is directly responsible
and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals
and objectives; ensuring program compliance with state standards
and requirements, and ASHP criteria, regulations, and policies.
The Pharmacy Technician Program Director will recommend,
implement, and enforce academic policies and procedures,
administrative rules and regulations, and other controls intended
to maintain order and the highest standards of instruction.
Additionally, he/she will stay current with professional issues, be
a member of a national or state pharmacy association and be
committed continuing education in the field of pharmacy and
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve as the primary liaison between MedCerts and the ASHP to
maintain favorable accreditation status.
2. Act as the ambassador of the MedCerts Pharmacy Technician
Program when dealing with State Boards of Pharmacy, local workforce
offices, funding source administrations (i.e. MyCAA), as well as to
promote the value and quality of the program to potential
3. Keep all MedCerts staff and management informed of key
changes to the program, or for other reasons as
4. Actively participate in industry associations such as MPA,
PTEC, and other Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy specific groups in
order to stay abreast of industry changes and employer needs.
5. Work closely with the Product Development team to ensure
quality of curriculum, content, and assessments within the
6. Evaluates and updates assessment tools to ensure that proper
measurements of competency are being utilized that best align with
PTCE objectives and employer expectations.
7. Actively supports and communicates with students on a daily
8. Serve as a brand ambassador for MedCerts within the national
healthcare community. Collaborates with Enterprise Sales team to
create training and experiential opportunities within
hospital/health systems, national/regional/local pharmacy chains,
and other organizations.
9. Train staff related to curriculum support, externship
coordination, student records maintenance, and grading/assessment
10. Review, revise, and evaluate DIDACTIC program curriculum and
instruction, facilitating innovation through technology.
11. Recommend and implement solutions to meet the ASHP
SIMULATION requirement and ensure that necessary precautions are
taken to ensure safe and effective learning occurs.
12. Expand the Externship (EXPERIENTIAL) program as required by
ASHP, to include non-retail pharmacy sites.
13. Organize and lead an effective advisory committee system in
support of the program.
14. Ensure that the program and curriculum offerings are in full
compliance with the requirements for accreditation through ASHP,
certification (PTCB), and other standards stipulated by appropriate
15. Recommend equipment, supplies, materials, and
digital/electronic program supplements to meet the needs of the
16. Evaluate program, participants, student performance, and
relevant associated staff on a regular basis.
17. Evaluate students through the review and assessment of
18. Motivate and advise students, and assist with the
process/coordination of remedial plans for students at risk of not
completing. Handle any student complaints relating to the Pharmacy
19. Assist with development of new ideas/opportunities for
improvements or new business proactively assessing the impact of
emerging talent needs, competition and competitive
20. Improve national exam pass rates for associated
certifications, and develop improved exam preparation tools for
21. With the help of Management, develop and update the Program
Strategic Plan (as required by ASHP) that will include
short/long-term goals, measureable objectives, strategies for
achieving goals and objectives, and address program outcomes.
22. Develop and expand placement opportunities for
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Associate’s Degree or higher (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
• Must be either a licensed pharmacist or a nationally certified
pharmacy technician. If CPhT, must have graduated from an
ASHP-accredited training program
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmacy practice
• Prior teaching or related field experience
• Must be able to demonstrate on-going continuing education in
the practice of pharmacy and/or education
• Must be a member of a national pharmacy or education
association and a state pharmacy association.
• Must be proficient with the use of computers
• Must be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships
with a diverse staff and student population
• Ability to manage key metrics
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Consistently demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
• Excellent organizational skills, communication, interpersonal
relationship and problem-solving skills, and a high capacity to
manage multiple tasks and priorities are required.
• Leadership experience with demonstrated ability to build
professional relationships and working collaboratively with
internal and external constituents and outside agencies
• Pharmacy practice experience in both institutional and
What's your highest level of education completed? *