Material Mover, Nights
Company: Scioto Services
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Overview Scioto Services LLC, a Marsden Holding Company, is a
facility services provider of commercial janitorial, building
maintenance and specialty property services with operations serving
customers throughout the United States. Scioto Services is a
building services contractor known for its operational excellence
and its ability to provide great services to small businesses and
large multi-state or multi-regional companies alike. Scioto
Services enjoys an unmatched reputation for maintaining property
value and for helping business owners and property managers meet
their objectives for their facilities. An industry-leading company
of integrity, service dedication and innovation since it was
founded in 1975, Scioto has succeeded by dedicating itself to
providing customers with an ever-expanding array of cost-effective,
superior-quality commercial property services. Job Skills /
Requirements SummaryResponsible for emptying and replenishing
trash, plastic and corrugate gaylords in all areas of the
warehouse. Gaylords are transported with a hand operated pallet
jack and/or powered industrial truck (PIT).Core
- Promotes a safe work environment at field accounts.
- Utilize a hand operated pallet jack to transport gaylords
between their staging area and the compactor.
- Operate a PIT in accordance with Marsden Services and the
customer's rules and regulations to transport empty and full
- Ability to operate a Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor (VRC) to
move gaylords between multiple floors of the warehouse.
- Safely operate compactor and/or bailer to dispose of trash,
shrink wrap and cardboard.
- Communicate with Supervisor the fullness of the compactor
and/or bailer in a timely manner to ensure replacement/removal with
zero impact to operations.
- Tie off bails of shrink wrap using metal cables and remove
bails from vertical bailer. Communicate with Client for proper
storage of completed bails.
- Able to perform all positions within their shift, provided that
the associate is able to pass all safety standards.
- Supports, directs and trains co-workers with a focus on account
and employee retention.Secondary Responsibilities
- Works with the Supervisor on account re-engineering projects
and service reviews.
- Reports any supply inventory shortage at account and properly
follows on-line ordering procedures with outside vendor to the
- Ensures/assists cleaning additional areas when required due to
- Performs any and all duties as assigned, including answering
the provided radio to support spills, requests, and safety
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company's values and
Code of Conduct
- Builds a culture of work safety and leads by example with one's
own safe behavior
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with
positive intent and professionalism
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do
it - champions change when improvements can be made
- Ensures one's own compliance with the company's published
Operations Standards Skills Required
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environmentSkills Preferred
- Knowledge of commercial floor care and floor care
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and practices.
- Prior experience operating PIT preferred but not
required.Physical RequirementsWalk, stand, use their hands and
reach. In addition, they will occasionally be required to sit,
climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Regularly lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. #amazon #evergreen Additional
Information / Benefits Scioto Services is an Affirmative Action,
Equal Opportunity Employer. Scioto does not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, age, sex,
creed, ancestry, disability, sexual or affectional orientation,
marital, or veteran status, color, religion, national origin,
status with regard to public assistance or any characteristic
protected under federal, state or local law.Benefits: Medical
Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid
Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term
Disability, 401K/403b PlanThis job reports to the Account Manager
This is aFull-Time position2nd Shift.Number of Openings for this
position: 15 Apply Now Apply Now
Keywords: Scioto Services, Livonia , Material Mover, Nights, Other , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!