Company: Sandalwood Engineering & Ergonomics
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Come and join a successful, relational and passionate company
dedicated to individual growth, ethical treatment, and a healthy
work/life balance. Our core values contribute to increased
productivity, employee retention and strong internal team support.
This translates to the enhanced ability to deliver specialized
solutions to our diverse customer base. Work Smarter, Work Safer,
The Experienced Ergonomist will join a growing team of Health,
Safety & Engineering professionals helping our customers reduce
their work-related risk to quality, productivity and employee
Successful candidates will have the following attributes
- A qualified and professional manner and appearance, outgoing
personality with excellent interpersonal and organizational
- Obsession with customer satisfaction and excel in
- Experience in business communication, including giving formal
presentations, creating reports and professional documents (e.g.
meeting agendas, meeting minutes, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and work
activities, and working both independently and with a team
- Working knowledge of Ergonomic Deep Dive analysis tools
including NIOSH single and multi-lift equations, Liberty Mutual
Tables, ACGIH HAL- TLV, RULA, REBA, Digital Human Modeling,
- Willingness and drive to learn and strive for career
Although responsibilities may change daily, typical work
responsibilities may include
- Conduct physical demands analyses/ergonomic risk analyses for a
variety of industries for single jobs, production lines,
distribution centers, manufacturing plants (furniture, automotive,
appliances, aerospace, etc.).
- Perform ergonomic assessments using standard ergonomic analysis
tools, applied industrial research methods, Digital Human Modeling
software and complete detailed technical reports for delivery to
- Base on the ergonomic analysis completed and engineering
judgment, identify and prioritize the ergonomic risks and provide
recommendations to reduce such risks.
- Perform digital human model assessments utilizing such software
systems as Teamcenter, Process Simulate, and/or Jack, Santos,
UofM3DSSPP, PTC Creo, Windchill and provide recommendations for
- Act as a team lead on specified team projects and/or
- Develop ergonomic specifications and standards through
literature review, research, and ergonomic analysis.
- Conduct workplace ergonomic assessments and provide
recommendations for improvements and optimization
- Minimum of 1-2 years of industrial ergonomics or a passion to
learn and grow in the industry
- B.S. or M.S. in Kinesiology, Industrial Engineering, Human
Factors, Movement Science, Occupational Biomechanics, Ergonomics or
a related discipline
- Associate Ergonomics Professional (AEP), Associate Ergonomist
(AE) certification, or Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) is
- Willing to travel 20-40% depending on client site locations
(mainly US, possibility for global travel)
Please note If a candidate is not a U.S. citizen, they must be
legally authorized for work in the United States.
Sandalwood does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship. Verification of
employment eligibility is required at time of hire.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
Sandalwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.& Participates with
Keywords: Sandalwood Engineering & Ergonomics, Livonia , Experienced Ergonomist, Other , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!