Security Site Supervisor
Company: Securitas Security Services
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Security Site Supervisor
Wage: $15.00-17.50/ hour
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS- Functions as a supervisor of Security
Officers, Lead Officers, and other company personnel assigned to
one or more posts at client site(s); acts to ensure that all post
orders are followed, that established rounds are completed, and
that required reports are filed; notifies proper authorities and
client in emergency situations.
- Coaches and disciplines personnel as appropriate; seeks advice
from company management or designated representatives as
appropriate; meets personally with employees and documents coaching
and disciplinary actions.
- Trains Security Officers and other company personnel; reviews
post orders and other details of assignments with subordinates.
- Assists in the submission of payroll and personnel information to
the company as designated.
- In conjunction with company management or designated
representatives ensures adequate coverage of all posts and
- Prepares, files, and submits various reports as required.
- Inspects posts as scheduled and meets with subordinates to
outline tasks and responsibilities.
- Meets with client representatives as scheduled or as needed to
provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and
to provide quality customer service.
- As assigned, in accordance with applicable company policies and
procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws, carries
out supervisory duties that can include some or all of the
following: interviewing, orienting and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems; and, making hiring and
- May perform the duties of a Security Officer in accord with post
orders and company policy.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of
related experience, or an an equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the
job, as determined by the company. Minimum 2 years of experience in
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or
- May be required to hold and continue to meet the requirements for
any applicable state, county and municipal license for Security
- Knowledge of security operations with an emphasis on patrol,
inspection and response services.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to provide positive direction and motivate
- Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and
- Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to various sites and changes in post
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact
effectively with clients, at various social levels and across
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and
mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In
addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging
individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
- Directing and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage, and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking and writing clearly in order to
communicate with employees and clients, observe and report
incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking, which may be required
for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and
walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally
up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of vehicle for the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or
be required to work in environments or under conditions that
require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of
personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and
Please apply using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Keywords: Securitas Security Services, Livonia , Security Site Supervisor, Other , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!