Company: Planet Fitness Inc.
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Are you looking for a great work environment where everyone is
included and respected? Welcome to the Planet Fitness "Judgement
We have a great opportunity as a full time Payroll Specialist at
our Northville, MI office. This position will be a hybrid position
between the office and home.
The Payroll Specialist will perform all of the necessary payroll
functions and payroll related functions, including auditing and
verifying all time keeping records of employees' hours worked as
well as any and all necessary and/or required deductions required
to comply with Company policy and state and federal law in order to
ensure accurate payroll processing. Assists with Company 401(k)
program and benefits administration, including enrollments. Works
cross-departmentally with the Human Resource department, Accounting
department and Operations department.
A brief list of the essential job functions, duties and
* Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and
* Assists the Payroll and Benefits Manager in the management of the
Company's timekeeping and payroll and human resource software
* Properly oversees the on-boarding process and properly processes
new hire paperwork/enters new hires in the Time and Attendance and
Payroll systems; ensuring that all company policies and federal and
state laws and regulations are complied with.
* Assists with the processing and distribution of all payroll
related reports, including labor and turnover reports.
* Properly enters and tracks payroll deductions, processing of
garnishments, support orders, etc. in order to properly process
full cycle payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
* Ensures that all information processed, reports generated,
entered, etc. is done accurately, completely and within the set
* Assists with the accurate and timely reporting of all taxes
(Federal, State, SUI & FUTA) to the Accounting department each pay
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Prior full cycle payroll, administration and/or human resource
* Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented,
* Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Data Entry skills.
* Attention to detail and thoroughness.
* HRIS and/or financial software experience preferred.
* Ability to process basic functions and formulas in Microsoft
* Familiarity with Paycor payroll software a plus.
* Familiarity with multi-state payroll a plus.
* Ability to work in a team oriented environment and ability to
work independently in a time sensitive environment.
What we offer:
* Great career growth opportunities - we are a dynamic and growing
* Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits
* A 401(k) program with an excellent Company match
* FREE Planet Fitness Black Card Membership
* AFLAC supplemental benefits
* Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start
date and increases along with your tenure
Joining the Planet Fitness family means being part of a company
that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of our
communities. It means being a part of a supportive, engaging
workforce with an inclusive culture that values diversity and
creates an environment where everyone can feel they belong. It
means encouraging professional growth and development. It means
making true, lasting connections with you co-workers. It means
creating a positive impact in our local communities through our
Judgement Free Generation philanthropic initiative. It means being
part of a brand that you can be proud of!
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people's lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness
experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving
go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors
and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet
Fitness is just getting warmed up. We're continuously seeking top
talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone - and
shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in
all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the
Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there's plenty of
opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented
individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to
an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be
used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired
and motivated. That's where you come in. If you're looking for a
place where you can make a difference in a customer's life, you've
found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but
stay for the feeling that you're making a difference on our
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee
and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither
dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees
or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to
control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or
their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring
compliance with local, state and federal law.
Keywords: Planet Fitness Inc., Livonia , Payroll Specialist, Other , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!