Service Lead RN- FT-OR- Trinity Health Livonia Hospital
Company: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Posted on: August 6, 2022
*Employment Type:* Full time *Shift:* Rotating Shift
*Description:* *An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care as an OR
Service Lead awaits YOU!!!!*
*Trinity Health Livonia* is a beautiful full-service, 304-bed acute
care hospital, located in Livonia, MI, that provides comprehensive
care, including a 24-hour emergency department, general medicine,
inpatient and outpatient surgery, physical medicine and
rehabilitation, intensive care unit, cancer, cardiology, geriatrics
and birthing and women's health. Through several major expansions
in the hospital, programs and services, St. Mary Mercy continues to
offer the latest in quality health and medical services. St. Mary
Mercy has received numerous awards recognizing excellence in
clinical outcomes, patient safety, financial performance and
In addition to performing RN, Registered Nurse duties in the
Operating Room, the Service Lead will coordinateservice lines with
Surgical Staff, Sterile Processing Department, Sales
Representatives, Section Chief and Surgeons within the specialty.
Performs all the duties of a Registered Nurse, Operating Room.
Embraces and promotes the system values to assure customer
satisfaction and excellence in patient care.
* Demonstrates clinical expertise in the service line.
* Acts as primary contact for sub-section chair and surgeons in
* Attends section meetings. Brings pertinent information from
division meetings to appropriate surgical staff.
* Act as a liaison between Materials Coordinator, Sales
Representatives, Surgeons, and other departments for
instrumentation, supplies and equipment related issues. Monitors
* Maintains all specialty pick lists. Meets with physicians
annually and as needed to review pick lists to ensure accuracy.
Maintains master copies of pick lists. Creates new pick lists for
* Coordinates instrumentation changes/requests with Section Chief
and Surgeons within specialty.
* Coordinates the evaluation of new equipment across the service
line and keeps record of trial outcomes. Brings surgeon requests
through the value analysis process.
* Develops orientation materials and coordinates orientation for
* Meets regularly with SPD Manager, ensures accuracy of
instrumentation count sheets.
* Works in collaboration with Educator to provide in-services for
* Follows established hospital policies and procedures.
* Functions in the role of patient advocate, protects the patient
safety rights as stated in the Patient Privacy Act.
* Participates in unit based committees
* Participates in QI projects and assists in data collection.
* Demonstrates awareness of self-learning needs and seeks ways to
meet these in order to maintain current competency and responds to
new clinical demands.
* The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and
the skill necessary to provide the care appropriate to the age of
the patient served in the unit, including but not limited to
principles of growth and development, psychological needs,
physiological needs, etc. Such should be provided as described in
the unit's department policy and procedure manual.
* Maintains all competencies and health stream modules up to
* Incorporates and demonstrates the mission, vision and values of
St. Mary Mercy Hospital in behaviors, practices and decisions
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
* BSN Preferred
* Current RN Michigan license
* BCLS certified
* Successful completion of nursing orientation
* Minimum of 1 year experience in surgical specialty
* AORN Certification preferred
*BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO YOU AS A COLLEAGUE OF TRINITY*
* Competitive compensation
* Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO,
Life Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability starts DAY ONE
* Nurse Residency Program for all new nurses! [Click here for more
* Retirement savings plan with employer match and contributions
* Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Free parking in proximity to your workplace.
to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development
opportunities available to you at Trinity Health System.
*ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH LIVONIA HOSPITAL*
We are a member of Trinity Health, a leading Catholic health care
system based in Livonia, Michigan. Trinity Health operates in 22
states, employs about 133,000 colleagues and returns almost $1.1
billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and
other community benefit programs.
[Click Here](https://www.stjoeshealth.org/about-us/) to learn more
about Trinity Health
*Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion*
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Livonia , Service Lead RN- FT-OR- Trinity Health Livonia Hospital, Other , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!