Battery Pack Lead Engineer - Energy Storage Systems and Integration
Company: CNH Industrial
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Battery Pack Lead Engineer - Energy Storage Systems and Integration
CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, STEYR, CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial's 37,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive work environment, passionate about empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world. As the Battery Pack Lead Engineer, you will develop battery systems for Best-in-Class products in the Agricultural and Construction Industries. You will interact with a team of engineers covering the core competencies of component design and integration into battery pack and vehicle systems. The right candidate will be capable to lead projects independently through collaboration with multiple organizations, groups, and individuals to deliver to project milestones from concept initiation to production launch. This position is part of the CNHI's Vehicle Electrification Team and will report to the Manager - Energy Storage Systems and Integration Design.
Responsibilities: * Direct the mechanical, electrical, thermal design and integration of components
* Coordinate the use of simulation to guide the design efforts towards first time quality
* Support system DFMEA's and coordinate supplier component DFMEA's
* Support on-site for design issue resolution in pre-production build events
* Direct feasibility studies and provide trade-off analysis
* Direct development testing and provide guidance for validation plans
* Detail assembly designs to meet applicable safety standards
* Direct the design team activities for vehicle integration including installation, regulatory compliance, thermal, and electrical items
* Ensure the proper production release of components and assemblies
* Ensure the design meets all manufacturability requirements
* Communicate with purchasing and suppliers during the sourcing and development process
* Coordinate design changes and BOM management throughout the product release process
* Work closely with other engineers and multi-functional team members (vehicle, modeling and simulation, software, and functional safety)
* Communicate design progress to leadership
* Prepare for and participate in formal and informal design/peer review activities
* Coordinate design activities with global locations
* Stay abreast of the latest technologies for energy storage and integration applications The annual salary for this role is $120,000 - $183,000 plus any applicable bonus (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.) #LI-EG1
Required Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field* 8 or more years of experience in product development or product design* Experience as a lead engineer of a project or team
* Experience with CAD tools such as CREO 3D, CATIA, NX, SOLIDWORKS OR
* Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field* 6 or more years of experience in product development or product design* Experience as a lead engineer of a project or team
* Experience with CAD tools such as CREO 3D, CATIA, NX, SOLIDWORKS Preferred Qualifications: * Engineering Master's degree
* Demonstrated leadership in the design, development and build of energy storage systems such as batteries or fuel cells
* Background in modeling, simulation, and analysis
* Knowledge of automotive certification standards (UN, UL, SAE, ISO, FMVSS)
* Background in prototype builds and component validation
* Familiarity with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
* Experience using both stage gate and Agile product development processes
* Ability to set clear objectives and results, hold others accountable and influence others, regardless of position power or organizational boundaries
* Meticulous individual with the ability to extract and understand the big picture
* Experience designing parts requiring joining techniques (fastening, welding, adhesives)
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English
* Strong social skills and proactive behaviors
* Skilled at mechanical/structural design for battery systems
* Experience packaging various battery pack components (cells, modules, busbars, fuses, wiring, connectors, control modules, cold plates, cooling hoses)
* Understanding elements required for battery pack to vehicle integration (vehicle location, mechanical and electrical interfaces, crash/crush strategies)
* Working knowledge of datum strategies, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), stack up analysis, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA)
CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventative care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities. Click here for more information!
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here. If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com. Read about our company's commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice. Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: CNH Industrial, Livonia , Battery Pack Lead Engineer - Energy Storage Systems and Integration, Other , Livonia, Michigan
here to apply!