Lead HVAC Technician
Company: Randazzo Heating & Cooling
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Job Purpose: Performs installation, modification, overhaul, of
air conditioning systems, furnaces and related accessories by
performing the following duties. Leads a 2-person installation team
on a regular basis.
Performs installation on all HVAC and control systems.
Responsible for company work vehicle, parts inventory and equipment
assigned to company work vehicle. Installer has complete
responsibility for vehicle.
Trains and mentor's installation technicians that accompany senior
installer on jobs.
Senior Technician has goal of developing junior technician into a
senior installation technician.
Replaces electrical components such as compressors, contactors,
motor starters; relays and diagnoses any electrical or mechanical
components to which these are related.
Changes out gas and oil furnaces and split air conditioning
systems, and installs ductless air conditioning and heat pumps,
sheet metal installation and transitions, refrigeration, condensate
and PVC venting.
Procures all material in a timely manner to meet client service
level agreements for scheduled completion dates.
Possesses competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and
equipment used in facility and housed on company vehicle.
Responds immediately to emergency situations and customer
Performs all work to industry standards and maintains a
professional manner and appearance at all times.
Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental
agency and company directives as related to building operations and
practices safe work habits.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
Presents ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
Practices safe work habits.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required.
- Associates degree or climate control certificate in HVAC
preferred and/or 2+ years of experience required, preferably as a
- EPA Certification required.
- Service Titan experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic math skills.
- Works with sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communicator with strong customer relation skills.
- Team player (works well with others).
- Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete
work assignments as required.
- Ability to work on-call, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to train, mentor and respectfully coach team members as
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, may require hand
dexterity, frequently required to walk and reach with hands and
- The associate is frequently required to stand. The associate must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally 100
- Squats, bends and twists periodically throughout the day.
- The associate may work in a variety of weather conditions and
- The associate may climb/descend steps and ladders.
- The associate may work on roofs, tight confines, in attics,
basements and crawl spaces.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an associate encounter while performing the
essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work
environment is usually low.
Keywords: Randazzo Heating & Cooling, Livonia , Lead HVAC Technician, Professions , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!