Business Development Manager
Company: Dachser USA Air & Sea Logistics Inc.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing sales
growth of Dachser USA s Air and Sea division by developing and
maintaining strong and favorable relationships with new and
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maximizes existing business by developing new business through
sales, product marketing, and customer support.
- Solicits sales from prospective A, B, and C level
- Identifies and properly qualifies sales opportunities and
- Inputs and updates sales activities by utilizing the sales
management software, CIS.
- Maintains close communication with Dachser operations, as well
as customer operations, to ensure uniform understanding of
customerexpectations relative to operational solutions, timelines,
costs and results, including SOP ownership.
- Ensures that Dachser services meet customer needs on an ongoing
and consistent basis.
- Meets all gross profit requirements as outlined in the
prevailing Dachser Sales Incentive Program.
- Performs sales and service support functions for targeted
markets and programs.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor s degree preferred or equivalent related work
- 3-5 years of freight forwarding sales experience with a proven
history of quota overachievement.
- Strategic sales capabilities and ability to manage multiple
priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build strong rapport, establish trust and
credibility through a consultative approach while balancing
assertive sales follow-up,without being overly aggressive.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills, including
professional demeanor and excellent written & verbal communication
- Ability to prepare and present accurate pricing to potential
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word, Excel and
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- No heavy lifting is expected; although exertion of up to 20
pounds of force may be required on occasion.
- Manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment, such
as computers, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Sitting for extended periods of time or talking on the phone
for extended periods of time is common.
- Hearing and vision within average range to receive ordinary
information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- This position is performed in a traditional office
- Ability to travel is required.
- These physical demands are representative of the physical
requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be
made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described
essential functions of this job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
Keywords: Dachser USA Air & Sea Logistics Inc., Livonia , Business Development Manager, Professions , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...