Licensed Customers Broker
Company: Savino Del Bene
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Licensed Customers Broker
Savino Del Bene is a Global Freight Forwarding Company
headquartered in Florence, Italy. With a network of more than 295
offices and over 5,500 employees across five continents, Savino Del
Bene is one of the leading logistics company that offers import,
export, customs brokerage services and warehousing third party
solutions servicing several Vertical Markets. We are looking for an
individual with a passion for the freight forwarding industry and
customs brokerage and strong leadership skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure harmonized tariff research, binding rulings, protests,
duty rates, and valuation on import shipments into the United
States are processed timely and efficiently in accordance with all
applicable laws and regulations.
- Interface with U.S. Customs and other Federal agencies at the
local and national level to ensure compliance with all pertinent
laws and regulations as directed by the Imports Director.
- Provide consultation to customers on the importation of goods
through U.S. Customs, governmental regulations/inspections, changes
in import regulations, transportation, bonding/insurance
requirements and general industry expertise.
- Ensure an appropriate level of communication with customs and
other government agencies.
- Ensure that all rules pertaining to clearance of dutiable
material are observed.
- Ensure timely release of all import material.
- Obtain pertinent documentation and data from consignees to
effect timely release.
- Ensure successful implementation of new governmental systems as
and when they are introduced.
- Ensure collection of fees when handing documentation over to
- Ensure collection of appropriate storage fees.
- Develop new areas and means of revenue generation.
- Stay informed and implement all new US Customs procedural and
- Develop relationships with key brokerage customers.
- Ensure staff is effectively communicating externally and
- Handle other Brokerage Department related functions as
- Effective Lead, Train and develop Brokerage Team
- Effectively manage performance of all staff in the Brokerage
- Ensure that all Company and Branch goals are clearly
communicated to staff.
- Must be able to work on site, this is not a remote
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's
- Valid Brokers License.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. Customs documentation and
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations of the other
government agencies (i.e.: FDA, USDA, DOT, FCC, etc.).
- The ability to respectfully integrate and communicate with U.S.
- The ability to deal and negotiate with senior customs
- Strong leadership, communication and MS Office skills.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role
Keywords: Savino Del Bene, Livonia , Licensed Customers Broker, Sales , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!